... No not that kind of help. Have to do a movie for one of my classes this quarter. It has to be 5-9 minutes long about a historical topic. Since I just completed a paper on the Purple Heart that my Grandpa Bentz was awarded for his service in WWII I have decided to make his story my movie. My idea is to tell his story in the context of the battle, sort of an "every soldier has a story" type of thing. In my opening sequence I want to have pictures of soldiers of the WWII era. This is the part where I need help. I would like to have a picture of Grandpa C.W. in his WWII uniform for this part of the sequence. That way I can have both of my grandfathers in the movie. Are any of you in Springfield aware of any such pictures? Dee-Dee and Mykal do you have any WWII vets in the family whose pictures I can use in the opening sequence? I need about 108 pictures to make the film the length that I need it to be and I am rapidly running out of time. I need the pictures ASAP!!! My e-mail is in my profile or you can mail any pictures to Mom and Dad's place. I need the hard copies because I need to scan the pictures to certain specifications in order to have them work in the movie. I will bring them back to you, I plan on traveling to MO on my spring break (March 21-27).
Thanks
4 comments:
I think the only veteran in my family fought in Korea, but let me ask my parents!
Maybe we could all post this on our Facebook pages and collect some photos that way too, if you need them.
That would work if I had a facebook page (I am a little behind the times on that). Also I am not for sure of the quality. I have to scan the pictures to fit a 16x9 screen without pixelating.
I'll look through Two Moms pics and see what I can find.
Tip: most video editors have an effect called "Pan and Zoom" this slowly zooms in on the pic as you narrate, also a great time eater, as you can get about 10 seconds out of one pic instead of 5, thus reducing your need for many pics.
Tip: You can get great pics from Google Images (there are lots of WW II pics), just copy the image into your "my pictures" file then use them in your editor. Just make sure they are big, like 500 x 500 or better.
I am looking on-line for pictures, I have found quite a few along with some video clips. I have to watch out for copyrighted material because the video will be posted to youtube and then to my own website. I'm currently looking through the national archives and other government sites because photos there are usually in the public domain and not copyrighted.
I'll be using Imovie to put the film together. they have a feature called "the Ken Burns Effect" which sounds alot like what you described above. Still trying to figure it all out. the Mac is soooooooooooo different from a PC!
Thanks for looking for the pictures. let me know what you find!!!
Post a Comment