Wednesday, July 7, 2010

34 weeks pregnant + Millie graduates from obedience school!

Had my 34 week appointment today, which meant we got to have another photo shoot for Babyburger! Above is his face - Mykl thinks he may have gotten the Bernskoetter nose. I'm not worried, because I know that the Jacobs personality gene is definitely dominant. His head was down, which is good because that's how it's supposed to be when I go into labor. Hopefully he'll stay that way, but he moves around all the time so there's no telling. He weighs about 5 and a half pounds already (plus or minus one pound - ultrasound isn't entirely accurate), and should be gaining about half a pound a week. If he comes on my due date (40 weeks pregnant) and gains half a pound per week, he could be 8.5 pounds! But, 37 weeks is considered term, so he could be 7 lbs too. Just depends when he comes out - I am hoping earlier rather than later. Especially since my goal is to have as natural a birth as possible. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit Two-Mom's pain tolerance (I am a wuss), so we will have to see.

Mykl and I are also proud to announce that Millie passed her "test" and graduated from her obedience class tonight! To celebrate, they awarded all of the dogs with a bowl of ice cream, a squeaky chew toy, and an official certificate. Unfortunately, we didn't get to keep the hat. We have definitely noticed an improvement in her behavior (she was a tornado before), but there are still a few things (jumping up on people and freaking out when we have people over) that we haven't ironed out yet. Mykl is thinking about taking her to the "Intermediate" level classes this fall. Good girl Millie!

5 comments:

Mrs. Corbett said...

Wow! You can really see his face well on the ultra sound. Say congrats to Millie for me! Zoe got some ice cream that landed on the floor yesterday, ate it in one bite, and there was no evidence of an ice cream headache! I assume none of the graduates got ice cream headaches either?

Kelroy said...

I didn't pass obedience class :(

P. Jacobs said...

Since Millie graduated, she's probably look for a job now right? Let her know I am looking to hire an assistant Yard Pooper-on-er. It's a tough job and I need help.

Cool unltasound! Deedles and I are excited for August!

pjacobs51 said...

I think Millie should work with Kelly at Garmin. She could do voice overs for your navigational pleasure (try to avoid those fire hydrants now).

The baby looks good, all peaceful and silent in the womb. But in a few weeks, he will escape your liquid prison of silence. And all you will here is . . . wah wah waaaaah, waah wah, waaaaaah, wah, wah waah ,waaah, wah wah wah waaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaah wah, wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaah, wah wah waaaah, wah wah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah wah, waah,waaaah wah wah wah wah, waaaah . . .

Dee Dee said...

So that's Millie in the ultrasound, and your baby graduated from obedience school? Yay!!