Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bookskoetter Blog and other news!

I am currently looking for library jobs, and decided to create a book blog to make myself look good (and because I've been wanting to make one for awhile anyways!).  It's pretty basic at this point because I haven't chosen what direction I want it to go.  If I get a school library position, I'll be adding sections for Professional Development presentations, teacher resources, and probably Book Club stuff.  If I get a job at a public library, I will be adding programming sections, etc...  Also,  I don't know what age group I'll be working with, so I've tried to put a little of everything up.  Let me know if you have any ideas for how to make it better! I have an interview Monday, but it's to a job that I probably won't get (because I haven't finished my Master's yet).  If I don't get that job, there will probably be some Middle School or Elementary library positions coming up, and the public library will be posting a Young Adult librarian position in the next two weeks.

In other news, I bought a kayak! It won't come in for a few weeks, but I am super excited about it!  It's a green Perception Tribute. It's a 10 footer, so it's best for rivers.  It could probably survive the lake, too (though not as well as dad's).  I'm not sure how I'm going to transport it yet, but dad and River Jim both have some ideas.  Got to go kayaking yesterday, and we saw a heron, some turtles, and some vultures.  The river was up so it only took an hour and a half to float a section of the river that usually takes 3-4 hours to float.

Mason update: He is 8 1/2 months old, and crawling all over the place.  He can pull up to standing, and we are thinking he may end up being an early walker. Plus, we are pretty sure he's a wizard.

Mykl and I got to see SPAMALOT on Friday night.  Dad wanted to make sure that I told Joey so he could be jealous.  It was hilarious!  A lot like the Holy Grail, but with added scenes (and songs)

4 comments:

Dee Dee Jacobs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee Dee said...

Awesome blog!!

Kelroy said...

COOL

P. Jacobs said...

Very nice!