Saturday, May 28, 2011

Charlie Update

Hello everyone, I thought I would let you all know what is going on in my world (since I know everyone has been wondering). I loved teaching 4th grade this year. I had a great group of kids, so they decided to try a little looping; therefore, I will teach them all again in 5th grade next year! I am very excited because I will teach math, science and religion. Since this years fifth grade teacher found another job, the principal thought that since I will be taking 6 weeks off in September, it would be best since I already know this group of students. I am a bit nervous about this whole having a baby and going back to work thing, but kowing that I am returning to a familiar group of students makes me a bit less stressed.

Baby Update!!

Baby Mathys is doing well. He is growing and moving around more and more. I am due September 12, but am hoping he is born on the 10th (9-10-11). Dusten and I are still struggling to pick out a name. Hopefully we can come to a decision before he is born, but it is not looking good. Janice's babies are doing good as well. They are thinking about inducing her at 37 weeks (around June 15th). This would give the twins almost the same birthday as Abbey. Abbey says no!

4 comments:

Alli said...

That is so cool that you get to keep your previous students! I am assuming you liked them ok? Personally, I would not like a repeat of my classes this semester, but I suppose high school is different ( : I started off my year this year with a permanent sub, and it wasn't horrible. A little tough because I like to be in control, but as long as you have a good sub you should be ok. Your students are prob already used to your classroom management system, so that should help. Resist the urge to call and check all the time. You should just enjoy baby-what's-his-name ( :
Glad all is well with the baby! We didn't decide on Mason's name 'til he was born. We just went to the hospital with two names in mind and then chose the one that felt right. You'll come up with something good. 9-10-11 would be an awesome bday! Mason was almost born on 8-9-10, but decided to hold out on us ( :
Glad the twins are doing okay, too. Poor Abbey...they might steal her birthday!
Deedles and I are still planning on coming to your shower! We are planning on going to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and then driving up Friday. That should be interesting ( :

Kelroy said...

Neat!

heyyoujeannine said...

You'll probably see the shower invitation sometime around 6/11. I'm CRAZY busy these next three weeks. I have not forgotten!!

Dee Dee said...

I've never heard about looping but what a great concept! Following your kids to the next grade sounds awesome for both you and them. Glad the baby is doing well!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for 9-10-11. :)