I'm comin' home for a bit! Mostly to get in Granny and Papa's anniversary picture, but I'm also being summoned for a Japanese festival in St. Louis. I don't know much, but I'm told the mayor of St. L gives out free sake? If it is a fun festival, I'll be sure to make a music video or something.
Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I got a web programming contract job, so this'll allow me to travel if I want to(wish I got this before the wedding). I plan to have a big post about the job and other Seattle haps as soon as I get around to it. Anyway, here's the current plan.
August 20: land in Kansas City at 8:40 pm
August 20 to 21-24: Spend however many days in Lawrence, KS that is convenient for my mystery ride.
August 21-24: Go to Springland via friendly driver
August 21-24 to Sept 2-4: Springland
Option 1 -
Sept 2-4: Go to Lawrence, KS via friendly driver (will get ride to St. L from someone there)
Option 2 -
Sept 4: Go directly to St. Louis
Sept 4-6: Get free sake from the mayor?
Sept 7: Teleport(magic?) to KC in time for flight at 4pm
Supplies I'm looking for:
Ride from KC to Spfd somwhere between Aug 21 and 24.
Ride from Spfd to Lawrence between Sept 2 and 4 or ride to St. L on Sept 4.
Free meals and gas moneys go wherever they're due!
Though, I've been thinking Greyhound might be a better solution than all this driving. It's about $30 between KC and Spfd. Do you put your luggage under the bus?
5 comments:
I *may* be able to come and get you Sat. or Sun. the 22nd or 23rd, but school starts on Tuesday, and it's going be all kinds of crazy. But if you can't find any other options, I can try and pull it off!
About the greyhound, I bet you do put the luggage under the bus. They usually have fancy compartments for that.
Also, congrats on the new job! Please tell me you are still going to be doing your own stuff on the side?
No worries about my own adventures! Just need something to pay the bills.
Congrats on the web contract and glad you're coming home! Yup they put your luggage under the Greyhound bus so you have plenty of room. The only thing about Greyhound is that it often takes you a really long time to get somewhere because of all the stops. If I were to take the bus home to Michigan, it would literally take 2 days. So be careful of that! Otherwise we might be able to help with the picking up and dropping off.
Jobs are, uh, cool. Especially computer type jobs when you don't have to go anywhere.
Got any old graphics cards lying around? PCI express, preferably with DVI or HDMI outputs. Might be worth a ride!
Whoops, forgot about this post. Nope sorry, no graphics cards :(
Post a Comment