We have officially cleaned out our former guest room (garage sale coming up) and have put up a crib that we got second hand at a baby sale. It was pretty cool once it was put together because I had another "aha" moment in which it really hit me that I was indeed going to have a baby pretty soon. It's not that I forgot I was pregnant, it's just a pretty big thing to let sink in. Also, a student's mom gave me some baby stuff that she was going to donate. We now have a playpen, one of those little chair thingies that babies can roll around in before they learn how to walk, and a backpack thing you put your baby in (this one you wear in the front).
Still no news on names. We haven't really been looking much to be honest - we have time! Our plan is to bring two or three names to the hospital and see which one feels right after meeting the baby. I've had a lot of interesting suggestions though. Mykl's dad suggested several trekkie names - like "Jean Luc Bernskoetter," "Ricard Picard Data Bernskoetter." I think "Star Trek Bernskoetter" might be okay - albeit a little obvious, maybe. Kelly has been calling him "Kelly Jr." Any other suggestions?
6 comments:
Oh, I forgot to mention - Babyburger started kicking Saturday night! Mykl got to feel it from the outside. Pretty cool, but seems a lot like an alien to me. Definitely seems to kick a lot at night after I eat ice cream. Sugar high anyone?
DEE DEE LIKE BABY UPDATES. RAHR.
Kelly Jr. is pretty hilarious. "KJ" isn't a bad nickname, it kind of sounds like Cujo, which could put your baby on an interesting life path. You know, Kelly's middle name (I think?) is pretty cool - Miles. A friend of mine just had a baby and named him Miles and I thought it was the cutest name.
Be sure to tell us when the garage sale is!
Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. When Kelly Jr. is born, he'll get a day or two to relax, but then we have to start the martial arts training.
I would name him Grandpa.
That would be hilarious.
Just a thought.
Bahahaha
If I ever have kids I'm going to name one McClellan Linnell Jacobs, after Gen. McClellan and John Linnell, and another Meade Flansburgh Jacobs after Gen (so much better then Lee) Meade and John Flansburgh. Doesn't matter if they're a boy our a girl. You can't have those names, those are all mine.
Post a Comment