Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Buy Summer

September is now here, where has this summer gone. It was a good summer, went to Gettysburg, to Alum Creek, to the Air Museum in Dayton, the Gen. Meade seminar in Chambersburg, and grew a good garden. I got 31 jars of canned tomatoes this year, up from 15 last year, along with fresh peppers and carrots. Also got a new computer, a Gateway DX4300-15e. It has a AMD Phenom II X4 quad-core processor, 8 GB DDR2, and 1 TB Hard Drive. It was a step down from the newer one they have out, but the only difference was the newer one had a Blue Ray player in it. Plus this one was over $300 less. I also got a 23inch flat screen monitor. My old laptop couldn't run any of the new film and picture editing software I wanted. I haven't tried the new video editing yet, but look at what the picture one did to one of my old photos. This is of the Sunken Road from the Antietam Visitors Center.



Pretty cool. Looks like a different Picture. Can't wait to do this to my Ghost Pictures

2 comments:

Kelroy said...

That's a monster of a computer! Do you used all that power for video editing?

BlueJackets9 said...

That's the same thing dad said. Well so far yes, but I hope to learn how to do other things, like digital animation and things like that. Plus most of the software I wanted wouldn't work unless you had Windows 7 our better. My old lap top was to slow to run Windows 7.