When I was in high school I went to Chicago for some band thing. I remember one day I was walking downtown and heard this awesome drumset playing in the distance. As I leaped around the corner to check it out, I was suprised to see not a drumset player, but a dude playing a soap bucket. He had ONE 5 gallon bucket and he was making it sound like a massive drumset.
Ever since then I've been amazed by this and I've recently decided to learn how to do it. Although I'm not a bum (not a street bum at least), I think it would be fun to take a soap bucket and jam at downtown Springfield some Saturday night. Just for the fun of it all. Who knows, maybe I'll get a few bucks out of it. Anyways, here's a few videos of what I'm talking about:
8 comments:
Super cool! I'd like to see you do street drums once a week.
That would be great to do during some of the Artwalks. I'm sure you would get a good crowd gathered around you.
You should definitely learn how to do that for ArtWalk!
I have a couple of buckets (othat I use for recycling - I'll trade you one (or both) for regular buckets if you want!
And we could get it on video and put it on Current TV !!!!!
Aiiiieee!
Hey, Alli you can paint some of the buckets. That way, they'll at least be impressed by the bucket art. It's art, music and buckets all combined into one -- my dream come true.
Sam wants to help, I gave him your number
I dunno, looks like a damn stump to me
Holy cow....Stump Drumming!!!
Haha nice "Steve"....
Post a Comment