Monday, May 25, 2009

Space - The Only Frontier



I now have a new job, well it's kind of like a job, except for the getting paid part (yet), and there's not a whole lot of work involved (yet). But it's something I like to do. I am now the curator of the Space Channel at Current TV and Current.com. And since I've always been fascinated by space I thought why not.

Current was started by Al Gore a few years ago, it's a news forum/social networking site that also has a TV channel dedicated to user created content which they air on TV. For instance, if you make a 5 minute documentery about a dog that uses an iPhone, and it gets on TV, then you get paid like $1000. Not a bad idea, a good way for the average person to make a name for him/her self and make some money in the process.

Here is the link to the channel:


You can check out my intro when you get to the site, it's called "New Space Channel Makes Landing on Current"

Jeanine might like the "2001 a Floyd Odyssey" which I posted with the intro. It's that mysterious synchronizations between Pink Floyd-Echoes and 2001 a Space Odyssey. I think some stoner figured this out about ten years ago, but it makes you wonder, and that's what "Space" is all about, the wonder of it all.

Oh ya, file under: Why I love Social Media

3 comments:

Dee Dee said...

That's so cool! "Curator" is such a cool title.

P. Jacobs said...

I'm getting a shirt that says, "My Dad is the Curator of Space"

How do you get to the space channel from the home page of Current?

pjacobs51 said...

Can't yet, but you can bookmark this link if you want.

http://current.com/topics/75808032_space/

Several people have asked me the same question, so I'll be writing to the Current staff about it today.