Sunday, August 2, 2009

I got a job too..

Since everyone else seems to be getting new jobs (congrats Dee Dee and Kelly) I thought I would go and get me one too. Last week I was offered a job at St. James the Less Catholic School. I will teach teachnology to grades K-8 and some Language Arts to grades 6-8. Also, I will be responsible for helping other teachers to implement the massive amounts of technology this school has into their lessons, and I will have to do the maintanenece on all of the equipment. That last part is the only thing that is a little scary, but the principal knows that I have no expereince with that and there is a person there that will help me learn all of this stuff. With there being so few teaching jobs in Ohio I am very excited!

The best part of this is I get to quit the job I have worked at for eight LONG years! Though I am leagally unable to mention their name on the internet, they have put me and many members of the family though a great deal of crap and I will not miss them! My last day there is August 12 and my first day of school is August 24. I can't wait, but mainly I can't wait for next summer when I don't have to work (that is why people become teachers, right?).

5 comments:

Alli said...

Yay Charlie! Sounds like an awesome job. I thought about applying for a similar position because it sounded so cool but it required a master's degree. You'll be really good at!

Glad you get to quit your crappy freezer job and won't have to sub anymore! You are right though, the best part about being a teacher is summers off.

P. Jacobs said...

Yes, that's why I'm going to be a teacher. Only, band teachers have to teach in the summer for free...crap. Oh, and I thought I should let everyone I do NOT hot a new job yet.

Congrats Charlie! That sounds like a great position.

Dee Dee said...

Congrats Charlie!! You'll be great at that! Although I'm intrigued by the name of this school. St. James the Less Catholic School? Is it less Catholic than other schools or something? :) Or maybe I skipped the catechism class on that.

pjacobs51 said...

Congrats . . . and what exactly is "teachnology," and do you have a degree in that strange curriculum.

Kelroy said...

Geez, another teacher in the family!