Sunday, May 30, 2010

Decisions, Decisions……

Since everyone else is updating us on their lives, I thought I would do so as well. As many of you have probably forgotten, I am currently the technology teacher/coordinator at St. James. Recently, I was offered the job of teaching sixth grade Math and Language Arts, and Friday I was offered the job of teaching 4th grade. Additionally, the 5th grade position might soon be opening, and I would also have that as an option! My goal has always been to teach 4th, 5th, or 6th grade; therefore, I have no clue what I am going to decide. I am leaning towards the 4th grade job because I would have my own classroom (the sixth grade position would require me to travel from classroom to classroom). However, if the 5th grade position opens, then I will definitely take it! Overall, I going towards my goals, but I need to come to a decision ASAP! Yikes!

8 comments:

Alli said...

Sounds like a tough decision - but it must feel nice that everyone wants to hire you! I have traveled from classroom to classroom before and it was not easy. If it were me, I would go for the 4th grade job. It would suck to say no to the 6th and 4th grade positions in the hopes of getting the 5th grade position, and then not getting it! Then you'd really be in a tough spot. Could you accept the 4th grade position and then still interview for the 5th grade position and see what happens?

pjacobs51 said...

Go for the 4th grade . . . less puberty stuff going on.

Dee Dee said...

Yay for having lots of options! I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you choose. From what I hear, having your own classroom is a definite plus!

BlueJackets9 said...

I could I forget you are a technology teacher since I never knew.

A bit off topic, but when do the new Futurama's start?

Anonymous said...

I took the 4th grade job! I will teach Language Arts, Science, Health, and Religion (yikes)!

Kelroy said...

Religion? Are you allowed to show Life of Brian?

pjacobs51 said...

Futurama: June 24

P. Jacobs said...

Congrats Charlie! 4th graders are fun. Science and religion both? Try not to get those lesson plans mixed up.