Monday, May 17, 2010

JOB!!!


Everyone around here has been talking about jobs, so I googled it. The googlenet told me I didn't have one. Years later...I have a job!

I am now the Assistant Band Director to Nixa Public Schools and will be teaching 6-12th grade band!!! This is obviously very exciting for me and Dee Dee! Especially since I've been working with this program for 6 years, it will be an easy transition. I interviewed back in March, amoung 109 other applicants, and the school board voted on hiring me last week!

Basically, it will be me and two other directors team-teaching the entire band program. I'll be teaching 5-6 classes every day not including night practices for the high school band. I'll be very busy! Although, I count myself pretty darn lucky to make a career out of something that I love to do. My life is getting a little more adventurous, especially if Dee Dee and I get a house this summer!

Speaking of adventures, I also have ambitions to slowly build a professional music studio in my new unknown house. Some day, Dee Dee and I would like to have a legit side-business where I can write, arrange, and record music for commercial use (Video games, TV, commercials, radio, internet, etc...) Kelroy Sr. has already helped me get that ball rolling with having me do music for his games. Anways, that's obviously down the road -- I need to focus on having one job for now! Excitement!!! Thanks everyone for all the support (especially Mom for being more in-the-know of job openings than anyone I know). I hope to celebrate with you all some time soon!

8 comments:

Alli said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh wait. I meant - YAY!!!!!!!!

Cool idea for the music studio! Better get a basement for that you you can lock the kiddos out when you need to ( :

Because you know what happens when you buy a house, right? You start picking out pets and then having babies. It's a rule, apparently.

heyyoujeannine said...

I thought that the kids were locked in the basement??? At least that is the way I remember it.

Congrats Riley!!! It is ALWAYS great when you can find a way to earn MOney doing something you truely love. Good luck on the house hunt as well.

heyyoujeannine said...

Wow, I must be tired because I just now noticed the banner change. Stangers observing this site might think our family is a little weird.

pjacobs51 said...

As long as they think it's just a little, I plead the 5th on everything else.

Um . . . what's a stanger?

BlueJackets9 said...

I once had a job, I'll never do that again.

Alli said...

Wow, I just noticed the new banner too! LOVE IT!!

Kelroy said...

YAY BASEBALL I can't wait for you to have a music studio. I was in a music store the other day and they had these really cool wooden drums you should get.

Also, rawkin banner

Mrs. Corbett said...

The chips are all falling into place for my kids--I love it!
Even more, I love thanks to all, but especially to Mom. Good Sigh....