Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Want hiking?

After hiking in Seattle, I feel like hiking again!  I know hiking around Missouri won't be the same (not a temperate rain forest), but I'm sure it will still be cathartic and fun.

I found a trail called Hercules Glades Wilderness that is part of the Mark Twain National Forest.  It's near Ava, Missouri which is about an hour and a halfish away.  There are several different trails you can go on, and it is supposed to be very beautiful.

Here is some more information:
Weather-pending, would anyone be interested in going hiking during the next couple of weeks?  I am free all day Saturday (Mykl isn't sure if he is yet),  or we could go the weekend after that probably.   Thoughts?

5 comments:

Dee Dee said...

I would love to go hiking!! But I don't think I can the next 2 Saturdays. (This Saturday I'm trying out for Wheel of Fortune in Branson. Anyone want to try out with me??) I'm free Sundays I think.

pjacobs51 said...

How about Ha Ha Tonka State Park near Lake of the Ozarks, not very far. It has miles of trails, a natural bridge, caves, streams, even ruins of an old castle.

Look for pics on Google, couldn't paste the sites here cause there's some dumbness somewhere.

Kelroy said...

Psh, I got some free time!

Alli said...

I want to try out for Wheel of Fortune!

Dad, we should try that trail too. Sounds awesome!

mykl said...

Dee Dee, I hear Two-Mom is amazing at that game....maybe she could get in on the wheel action