Joy Mallory and her daughter, Nakesha Beith, 4, test the sturdiness of a mystery monolith as other curious spectators circle the 9-foot-tall steel sculpture which stands on a grassy noll in Magnuson Park, Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2001, in Seattle. No one knows who installed the sculpture, reminscent of the structure in the landmark science fiction movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey. The unmarked sculpture appears to have been put in place on New Year's Eve. There is no plaque or other clue to the sculptor. When questioned about the significance of the monolith's appearance, Super Genius Mark Shields responded, "I'm not sure, but I do know that I want to sit on top of it!"
Monday, February 2, 2009
Look what I found, and it's in Seattle
Joy Mallory and her daughter, Nakesha Beith, 4, test the sturdiness of a mystery monolith as other curious spectators circle the 9-foot-tall steel sculpture which stands on a grassy noll in Magnuson Park, Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2001, in Seattle. No one knows who installed the sculpture, reminscent of the structure in the landmark science fiction movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey. The unmarked sculpture appears to have been put in place on New Year's Eve. There is no plaque or other clue to the sculptor. When questioned about the significance of the monolith's appearance, Super Genius Mark Shields responded, "I'm not sure, but I do know that I want to sit on top of it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Maybe this is a clue to the De-Kelly code. Maybe this is where Washington's head is burried. I've been trying to figure out how his head got to the Pacific Northwest. Then I figured it out the other day. Jefferson must have sent it there with the Lewis and Clark Expidition. I always thought that whole exploring an uncharted land explanation was the real reason.
I mean I "never thought"
Cool photo! Speaking of Space Odyssey, I understand that we're really close to coming up with a computer that equals the human brain, and not that far off from a computer that surpasses it. Could this be part of the deKelly code? He's wanted to take over the world ever since he was a little tike.
Finaly it's here! I can't wait until we become space babies.
Aww, Man!!! They shipped it to the billing address...I specifically told them to send it to the shipping address. Ugh now I will have to find someone to pick it up and drag it down here.
Under this monolith, you may find a piece of the puzzle... yes, one quarter of George Washington's head!
I'll have Dasiy dig it up for me.
Post a Comment