Sunday, December 7, 2008

Look What I Bought



I got some cool stuff when I was at Gettysburg, Here is a picture of the book I bought.






It weighs over 20 tons, I had to rent a semi trailer just to get it home. The FIT had a hell of a time hauling it over those mountains. It takes 20 grown men just to turn one of its pages.


We also went to Antietam for the Candle light vigual. They light a candle for every soldier killed our wounded during the one day battle at Antietam. That adds up to 23,210 candles. I took some pics but there not that good cause I was driving with out headlights and photographing at the same time. Jeannine took some to that I hope are better, and she video taped it too. If I can get that on the computer I'll put it on the blog. Here is one of my poor quality photographs.




4 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

Did the canon come with the book?

That would be fun to shoot cats out of.

With parachutes of course.

Alli said...

It would also be fun to shoot cakes out of (that's what I thought you said at first). And then you could have people standing around trying to catch them in their mouths.

I stand outside with my mouth open wide! Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah cake!

Kelroy said...

So... this means we don't have to go to Gettysburg again, right?

BlueJackets9 said...

The cannon would be an extra $100,000, so I only got two. I did shoot some cats out of it, but I couldn't find them again. Although I did find an ear about 1000 feet away.

You don't have to go to Gettysburg Kelly, you can stay in Columbus and help dad set up for the church festival