Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OGAWDOGAWDOGAWD

(excerpt from Art for Arf's Sake)

John Flansburgh of They Might Be Giants: What do we need to say? It's the guy from freakin' They Might Be Giants!! You don't need us to tell you about them if you know TMBG and if you don't know...well, you've led a sheltered life. We'll help with that! We hadn't seen his art piece in person yet when we got an email from Operator Dot of TMBG.com, our liaison with the dynamic duo, "... John F just called to tell me he's superfastmailing the project to you today in time for Saturday*. It's a ukulele with paintings of his cat on it." Pure genius.

Imagine how good "Dr. Worm" will sound played on a uke hand painted by a Giant!

We're still lobbying for a TMBG theme song for our BCTV show. I bet a really high winning bid and personal letter to John from the winner might help....

*Apparently, it wasn't superfast enough. The Uke arrived the day after the 2008 auction, making it the very first piece of celebrity art for the 2009 auction!

7 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

Sooo all that in a nut shell = ?

Kelroy said...

John painted a uke and it's up for auction!

pjacobs51 said...

Gonna bid on it? Looks real nice.

Alli said...

I like it! Are those cat's? I sense a theme on this blog...

Kelroy said...

I would bid on it, but I ain't got no money. Also, it's in Pennsylvania.

pjacobs51 said...

Joe lives near there and has combat training, maybe he could "borrow" it.

BlueJackets9 said...

I'll get you the guitar, for 1/4 of George Washington's head