Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pew Pew Pew!



So anyone busy this weekend? I was thinking we could get together and celebrate St. Joseph's day. I think it's my birthday too, but I figured if I said that nobody would come (awww). I was thinking we could do some partying, play some Video James (???), and eat foodies. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday are all good to me. I was secretly hoping to have some fun downtown Saturday night with friends and family if anyone is game. If you haven't got any presents yet, I could use some money to get a new sound card I've been saving up for. I need it to write my tinkle music. I could also use a usb cord and car adapter for my new phone (Lg Vu).

On another note, I've got a few cool things going on this month. First, if you haven't checked out Nixa's winter drumline show, we are playing at Kickapoo this Saturday at 12:30ish. If not, I have a video of the show I might post on here some time.

As of this week, I'm arranging Nixa's whole marching show again next year. We have an entertaining show lined up and I think you guys will like it. I'm finding the staff at Nixa is slowly giving me creative reigns over the program there, so I'm just hoping not to run us off a cliff. Unfortunately, I can't tell you much more about the show because you don't have a Level-4 Band Geek clearance code.

I also have the privilege of composing a Percussion Orchestra piece (that's right, orchestra, as in 16+ percussionists!) inspired by the "Kinetic Man" statue in Jordan Vally Park. They are premiering the piece on April 24th at MSU if you are interested. I'm hoping to do a concert of the piece at Jordan Valley Park, too. Anypoo, I hope to see most of you this week except for Joe and Kelly. Not because of distance...mostly cause you guys smell bad. Bye!

11 comments:

BlueJackets9 said...

I'm working on that smell, the doctors say the skin has to fall off before it can get better. Happy Birthday Riley, our Pat, which ever you go by. What are you 26 our 27?

pjacobs51 said...

Aww, marching off a cliff sounds like a fantastic show. But I guess you could only do that once, so save it for the last show.

USB cord? Didn't they cut that off 27 years ago when you were born?

pjacobs51 said...

"THIS IS NOT HERE" . . . clue

Alli said...

I definitely want to come over and eat doodies and tinkle at the three parties that you're having on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night! Need me to bring any foods? As of right now both Jacoburgers are free this weekend, but that Mykl guy doesn't have his work schedule yet. Saturday night sounds good.

I am planning on coming to see your show Saturday too!

I think your marching band show should be about robots - inspired by the picture on Kelly's resume site. The band could pretend to fight the color guard (who would be dressed up like robots and wield broken pipes).

pjacobs51 said...

Ya, Saturday night is good.

Friday night is Battlestar night.
Four hours and the conclusion. (finally)

Dee Dee said...

What if we congregate (conjugate? compilate?) at the Dad-Two-Mom House around 7 on Saturday. We could do dinner or just hang out for a bit. Then we can head downtown around 9. Riley has expressed interest in going to the piano bar, and I never say no to the piano bar. What do you guys think?

Dee Dee said...

Oh, and I forgot. Mom & Steve are hosting a BBQ BDAY BASH Sunday afternoon with pulled barbecuepork. Alli, you and I are tasked with bringing side dishes. Is that coolio? No tinkling or doodying in the side dish, though.

Alli said...

Saturday plans sound good - as long as we can get Riley up on stage at the Piano Bar. I will try to keep Mykl from tinkling or doodying in the side dish. What to bring?

P. Jacobs said...

Ahhson, if you force me on stage I will tell them it's your bachlorette party. You don't want that.

Joey, I'll be 84 this year. If you do your math correctly like Kelly would, I'll be 27. Aiiieee!

mykl said...

AWWW!! I was hoping this would be my year to doodlz and tinklz on the piano and side dishez! Oh well, there is always next year....

....What am I saying? If i want to tinkle and doodlz, who is going to stop me? hmm? hmm?

BlueJackets9 said...

I couldn't remember if you where a whole year younger then me our not. You, me, Maryanne, and one of Frank's kids where all born within a year of each other. One of you will be 26 sometime this year. I'm sorry I couldn't remember, I have like 50 cousins.