- Eco consultant - You go into people's houses/businesses and suggest ways of making their home "greener" by suggesting ways to decrease water consumption, increase energy efficiency, and improve air quality. Plus you give all kinds of tips and tricks of the trade, and sell them products that can help them on their way. Would be really, really interesting for me, but I am thinking that "green" is a trend that could go away soon, and not sure I would have a market for it here? Would need some training, but websites like greenirene.com offer training and certification.
- Web designer - I started making websites for fun in middle school. I loved doing layout for my middle school and high school newspaper. I've been out of it for awhile, so I would need to take classes to get caught up again, but I found an online certificate degree that looks pretty cool. Something I could even do from home and not have to commute.
- Yoga/fitness instructor - Probably something I would want to do on the side. I love taking classes at the gym and think that I could be good at teaching them with some practice. I feel pretty comfortable in front of groups of people.
- Spanish professor - If we go to a Spanish-speaking country for the Peace Corps, then my Spanish skills would be very good! I could get my master's and doctorate in Spanish and teach college. I think I would enjoy teaching college a lot more - don't have to worry about discipline problems, and everyone is pretty motivated already. I would probably have to move to Columbia to get my master's and doctorate, and I'm not really into Spanish literature (which is what most Spanish degrees are in).
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
What do I want to do when I grow up?
So, I've decided to teach another year, but I don't think that I want to teach forever. Just until I find something else to do! The problem is, there are too many other careers that sound fun to me! And, if we do the Peace Corps, then I don't know when/if I should be thinking about a career change anyways! Here are my career interests - any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Web designer, nothing beats working at home. Maybe use your Spanish skills here too, as in Spanish web designer.
All of the above!
Post a Comment