So, a couple of friends visited me last week, so we went to the Pike Place market for a ghost tour (By the way, I popped into a magic shop and referenced the only Magicsmith I know to the guy that runs the shop. Business?).
Anyway, it turns out Seattle has a crazy history. It used by be a crime haven, for brothels, gambling houses, and underground crime. The mayor even built the world's largest brothel with taxpayer money (where the Key Arena is now). Insane! Also, there's Native Americans and Chinese people buried everywhere (under buildings and parking lots even), because people didn't want to move the graves. In fact, there's a highway bridge thing that me and dad have taken that they say won't survive an earthquake. So, they want to move it underground, but they're worried they'll find Indian graves and then there'll be a huge excavation in the middle of downtown Seattle. But yeah, seems time to call the Ghostbusters.
5 comments:
Or, they could wait a couple years until I graduate, and Then I can work to help the great demon magic city dig up and deal with the good ghosts.
All I will need is a little short lady, some kids, and a static TV to get rid of the evil ghosts. That worked in Poltergeist, right?
I think those ghost hunter guys have been there. They asked for a sign, and the walls started shaking, dust fell from the ceiling, and a few bricks fell out of the wall. It scared the living poop out of them. Turns out it was a train or subway above them. Preety funny though.
If you get the time read "The Living" Annie Dillard's first novel. She wrote Pilgram of Tinker Creek and An American Childhood which weren't fiction, but she did win the Pulitzer (in the 80's).
Anyway, the book, though fiction, gives some good background on the Seattle and Washington history.
Mom
Wow, and all those thug criminals turned into computer geeks? I need to find that criminal-to-geek ray gun Seattle used and point it at every city in the world. Might as well use it on Bush too.
Oh, hey!
Thanks for popping in the Magic Store and referencing. BFD has heard that one of the best Magic stores in the US is located thereabouts, so maybe this is the one. Just one more reason to visit Seattle!
Post a Comment