Hey folks. As most of you know, I likes the musics. To keep my composition skills sharp, I sometimes like to write silly little dittys when I have free time. Since I'm writing a pretty serious marching band show about Pearl Harbor (acually I just got done with it yesterday! I'll post the musics soon.)it's really nice to clear my pallet and lighten the mood sometimes. So, every once and a while, I'll be posting my silly little dittys for you to enjoy. They aren't intended to be masterpeices. It's just a way to incorporate something I've learned, write about something I did or saw, or just be funny and hurt your ears.
Anywho, here's something I cooked up in 15 minutes: Yaytime
6 comments:
Perfect video game music! It makes me think of a Magicant-like place, or Animal Crossing.
"Yaytime" is a great name, but while it was playing there was an ad at the bottom, and I thought the song name was "Take the Friendship Quiz (new window)"
I was thinking (before I saw Kelly's comment) that it sounded like video game music too!
I don't know, "Take the Friendship Quiz" would be a pretty cool name.
I was actually thinking of Charlie Brown and Snoopy--must be a generational difference:)
I gave it a thumbs up and encourage all to do the same.
Thanks Riley, enjoyed.
Mom
"Take the Friendship Quiz" will acually be the name of my first symphony.
Thanks guys! There's some Shins influence and even a hint of They Might Be Giants ($5 to who can guess where it is).
It's at the 33-35 second mark! I heard it the first time but I didn't say anything because I thought maybe I was crazy - and plus Kelly didn't notice it (if he didn't, who would). Go Alli! Yeah!
Nice! Yes, there is a little James K. Polk in there. I didn't even know it myself until after I posted it. They Might Be Giants are giving me "Subliminal" music influences. So is Charlie Brown it seems.
Post a Comment