I am okay with "green" being on the list (there's probably a better word for it anyways).
I have a list of words that I don't like that Mykl likes to combine into one sentence. I can't remember all of them, but one of them is the word "chops" - as in "the dog licked his chops."
I also don't like words that are purposefully spelled wrong to be cutesy. Like "Kwik Kar" - I usually boycott such places simply because of their name.
I also don't like "cool" or "sweet", but "kuh-rooooooooooolio my boolio" is crazy. Maybe we should start saying "stools"
OK, how about phrases? I'm getting tired of "tough economic times" and I'm also not a fan of the phrase "That said" or "That being said" when used as a transition--sounds way artificial to me.
I recommend that the phrase "kuh-roooooolio my boolio" replace one of these tiresome terms.
I use the phrase "with that being said" at work all the time. Should I butcher it like Kelly suggested and say, "whiiihooo tow-ba-ninny bee-joojoo said-aieeee"?
I don't like slang words. I know I'm spelling this wrong, but all ebonics should be outlawed. You guys don't know to much about ebonics with your 0.5% non white population, but it annoys the hell out of me. Especially when white people who try to act like there black do it, its just so unatural, it sounds like nails on a chalk board to me.
As annoying as it can be, their language is just as valid as pure English. I am sure that the British find our 'abuse' of the language just as annoying. The truth is every language was just a dialect of another language at some point. English began as a Germanic tongue- I am sure the Germanic peoples aren't really fond of what we have done to their language either.
that being said i would like to say i think the word green is sweet because it is alot easyer to spell than enviernmentaly frendly and the peeps that say green are cool
and ahhhson is a big fat liar because she just told me the other day that she went to kwik car if she was truly boycotting those places she wouldnt spent any of her money there .... hawk a looogy and shhhunnn her!
I don't have to deal with ebonics here in the Ozarks, BUT(tocks) I did do some study in dialects and believe it or not, there is a legitimate language system there.
Really? But I do google searches all the time. That disappoints me. I bet it's still less energy than driving to the library and checking out a book about whatever you're researching.
Yes, Bre, I am a hypocrite. I have been known to go to Kwik Kar but only in order to avoid Walmart.
25 comments:
WINNER OF FIVE NOMINATIONS – "It hasn't won an Academy Award yet. It has only been NOMINATED!"
SO TRUE! Next they'll be labeling movies as "Winner of simply being viewed by the Academy, or by someone who knows someone in the Academy."
Shhhh!!! No one tell Alli.... uh oh...
I'm getting sick of the word "cool". It's used way to much. We need to think of a different word. That and "sweet". Those words are dead to me.
Oh, and I hate the word "nipped". I mean wtf?
Usually if I get tired of words or phrases, I just butcher them and try to get the butchered version to catch on.
Like, instead of "cool", you should try to get people to say "kuh-roooooolio my boolio"
I am okay with "green" being on the list (there's probably a better word for it anyways).
I have a list of words that I don't like that Mykl likes to combine into one sentence. I can't remember all of them, but one of them is the word "chops" - as in "the dog licked his chops."
I also don't like words that are purposefully spelled wrong to be cutesy. Like "Kwik Kar" - I usually boycott such places simply because of their name.
I also don't like "cool" or "sweet", but "kuh-rooooooooooolio my boolio" is crazy. Maybe we should start saying "stools"
Oh yeah and I don't like the words buttocks or gnarly.
stools is like "cool" ant "sweet" and "poops" combined
OK, how about phrases? I'm getting tired of "tough economic times" and I'm also not a fan of the phrase "That said" or "That being said" when used as a transition--sounds way artificial to me.
I recommend that the phrase "kuh-roooooolio my boolio" replace one of these tiresome terms.
I disagree with Alli. "Buttocks" is almost as much fun to say as "Saskatchewan"
I use the phrase "with that being said" at work all the time. Should I butcher it like Kelly suggested and say, "whiiihooo tow-ba-ninny bee-joojoo said-aieeee"?
yes
That's pretty catchy
I don't like slang words. I know I'm spelling this wrong, but all ebonics should be outlawed. You guys don't know to much about ebonics with your 0.5% non white population, but it annoys the hell out of me. Especially when white people who try to act like there black do it, its just so unatural, it sounds like nails on a chalk board to me.
As annoying as it can be, their language is just as valid as pure English. I am sure that the British find our 'abuse' of the language just as annoying. The truth is every language was just a dialect of another language at some point. English began as a Germanic tongue- I am sure the Germanic peoples aren't really fond of what we have done to their language either.
I hate the term "Hock a Loogie". What's up with that?
I just don't like spit
I don't like any kind of body fluids for that matter. I think they should all be removed.
that being said i would like to say i think the word green is sweet because it is alot easyer to spell than enviernmentaly frendly and the peeps that say green are cool
and ahhhson is a big fat liar because she just told me the other day that she went to kwik car if she was truly boycotting those places she wouldnt spent any of her money there .... hawk a looogy and shhhunnn her!
I don't have to deal with ebonics here in the Ozarks, BUT(tocks) I did do some study in dialects and believe it or not, there is a legitimate language system there.
I be gone now.
Shhhhhuuuuunnnnnnnn
Speaking of "green" the amount of energy consumed in one Google search is about the same as making 2 cups of coffee. In other words, quite a bit.
Really? But I do google searches all the time. That disappoints me. I bet it's still less energy than driving to the library and checking out a book about whatever you're researching.
Yes, Bre, I am a hypocrite. I have been known to go to Kwik Kar but only in order to avoid Walmart.
I don't drink Coffee, so I'm okay.
No! BlueJacket9, your a postal worker!
I know, I'm strange. I ususally don't drink anything until about noon when I start to delever.
Post a Comment