We're down to about five months before Grand Chahee's wedding, and I have a mission for those of you who are coming up here. As you may our may not be aware 2009 is the 50th anniversary of Paul Herbert. I was hoping you could find, our ask Mrs. Paul Herbert if she had any old photo's of Mr. B and the boat. If she does can you bring them up here to Columbus. I wanna do a 50th anniversary photo with Dad, Myself, and the photo of Paul. It would be cool if I could get Mrs. Paul Herbert up here, but that's asking too much. Then I would like to take a photo of everyone who has ridden Paul Herbert. The wedding is probably the last time so many of us will be together. The main ones are the Jacobs, Willadsen's, Bentz's, Ransom's, and Shepard's. If you want to be in the photo you have to have a dress shirt (collard if your a boy), some sort of dress paints (khaki paints are okay), and basically look nice. Sorry for the dress code, but I can't stand posed photo's, there so unnatural, so if I have to do one we might as well do it up nice, it is an anniversary after all. Just let me know if you can find one, if you want me to I could write her a letter, just give me her address.
It took me a while to find this, but its the old catolog for the 1959 line of Crestliners. This is the one for the Voyager 15.
According to the catolog Pauly, the 1959 Voyager 15, with the 1957 35 horse Johnson and trailer, cost fully stocked with the canvas cover was $890. Boats that size now are over $10,000.
6 comments:
Pretty great idea. Maybe you should bring Paul to the wedding and we can take the picture in our wedding attire.
I don't want it that fancy. Something you would wear to work. Not Tee shirts and Jeans
I wear t-shirts and jeans, and I boat.
I like Kelly's idea. I bet "Grand Chahee" wouldn't mind leaving in a boat (via trailer) instead of a limo. It's every bride's dream!
I love the ad. Especially the picture where they tried to make Paul Herbert a picnic table.
You guys started calling her Grand Chahee. He was a horse in the "All Dogs go to Heaven" Movie. I beleave the line is "Its Grand Chahee's Birthday."
The boat did orginally come with a white canvus that covered the whole inside. But it decomposed a long time ago, Uncle Pat might remember it.
Now that I think about it, the church would be a great place to take the pictures. It has that huge back yard, and it looks better then mom and dads back yard. Maybe we can do it after the practic wedding.
Here is a link to the mother of all voyagers, Voyager II, and she has two brothers: Vendetta II, and Vampire II, commissioned 12 February 1957.
http://www.navy.gov.au/w/index.php/HMAS_Voyager_(II)
Post a Comment