Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Abbey & Dennis help Pop-Pop fix a bike



Here are some cute pictures of Abbey and Dennis that I finally got around to storing on my computer. They are pretty much self explanitory.
On a completely unrelated note, I went on a tour of the University's archives a couple of weeks ago. Since we are Wright State University we have a large collection of papers that deal with aviation history. One of the collections we have is the Walter Matthew Jefferies collection. Jefferies did a lot of work for Boeing and Lockheed-Martin but his real claim to fame is designing the original Starship Enterprise!!!
Of course we do not have those plans in our collection (they belong to Paramount) but we do have the work he did designing airplanes and other types of aircraft. Interesting that Star Trek would consult a designer of actual aircraft to create their fictional starship. From the research that I did he really put some thought into his design, he figured (for instance) that the engines were not safe enough to attach to the main cabin so he kept them seperate.
Well, enough weird info for one day. Back to homework!!!

5 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

Abbey and Dennis need to help POP fix his van. They know how to replace a headgasket on a 4.3 liter Chevy engine don't they?

Looks as if Roddenberry didn't mess around about getting Star Trek off the ground. Literally!

heyyoujeannine said...

The van is fixed, has been for a while now. In fact he has fixed two other cars and is ready to start the third.

One thing I forgot to mention was I think this is the guy after whom the Jefferies tubes are named. According to Wikapedia I should say. As a researcher I believe all info from that source is suspect until proven otherwise.

Anonymous said...

My 8th graders put some info on Wikapedia. They decided they wanted to inform the world that plastic is made from dolphins. Geez Jeannine, I don't know why you don't trust Wikapedia.....

pjacobs51 said...

Plastic is made from dolphins?
Holy crap!

BlueJackets9 said...

I thought dolphins where made from plastic. The ones in my bathtub are.