Sunday, September 27, 2009

Found a house - Moving in about a month!

Mykl and I found a house in Portland! Or rather, on Portland Street - in Springfield. Still, it's really exciting! Here are a few pictures from the real estate listing.

The house is near Rutledge Farm (near Sunshine and West Bypass for you Springfieldians out there). It's also really close to some Greenways bike trails and a creek. It's a three bedroom two bath that's about 9 years old - so hopefully it is fairly energy efficient due to insulation and newer appliances. A couple rooms need new paint (kitchen and bathroom), but overall not a lot of maintanance needed. Super excited about the big back yard - I have big plans for an organic garden next summer and a compost system this fall! And a PUPPY!

4 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

Waahoo!!! Now you can sing that one song about benig on a boat...only about a house. Waytago!

Kelroy said...

Awesome shed!

Alli said...

Thanks! We considered just buying the shed ( : Wonder if they'd let me put chickens in there? I could be an egg lady! Doubt it - bet there's some rule against it.

pjacobs51 said...

I would add some old 60s rocket fins to that pointed tree in the front, Buck Rodgers style!

Just an idea.