Tuesday, September 15, 2009

U.S. Mint New Quarters

The U.S. Mint is going to do national park quarters in 2010. Gettysburg will be released in 2011. The Missouri one will be of the Ozark National Scenic River way. It will be out in 2017, if the world is still around then. Sounds pretty cool. Oh by the way, try not to shop at Wal-Mart if you don't have to. I don't really care about there labor issues, I mean everyone knows that Wal-Mart uses you, abuses you, then loses you, but there building one on the Gettysburg Battlefield, and another on the Wilderness battlefield. That's just the line.

Here is one for Riley, have you ever heard of "Script Ohio". They do it every halftime at The Shoe.


I still say the Marine Corps band is the best in the land. Presidents own after all.

6 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

How delightfully old school -- very cool tradition. My favorite is when Ohio State scripted "OS hit"

...only the "OS" and the "hit" were a little close together. Oops.

P. Jacobs said...

Oh, and the marine band is a machine. They blow me away sometimes.

Alli said...

Boo Walmart! Mykl and I already boycott them. How are they even allowed to built them on battlefields? Aren't they protected?

pjacobs51 said...

Get your old Marine buddies together for the second Battle of Gettysburg, and blow Wal-Marts sh*t away!

I can't believe they're letting them build there. WTF

BlueJackets9 said...

Only certain areas are portected. There building it where Early's division chased Howards 11th corps through town. They only made the part where they first made contact NMP. Anything within a ten mile radius of Gettysburg is battlefield, but only certain parts are part of the NMP. The Civil War Trust, which I am a member of, tried to fight it, but lost. Wal-Mart is just to big.

pjacobs51 said...

Ya, Wal-Mart is probably backed by the whole Chinese military, so you would be out numbered 3 million to one. Those aren't very good odds.