Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kelly vs Education : Game Point

So, I'm flying out on Wednesday around 1pm, but to make it easier for my ride I'll leave at any time on Tuesday and spend the night with Goat friends in Lawrence. Which brings us to the main question, who would like to drive me to Lawrence? I can drive an automatic, and also gas and dinner will be covered by me. Any time is fine on Tuesday, though I imagine earlier is best for most people. Any takers?

So, it's time to start my final year (at least for a while) of a long streak of academics. I got a couple busy classes out of the way over the summer, so now I can concentrate on my team game project. Our project is pretty ambitious, by if my team works hard, we could be up for some awards next year. Though, second semester we'll be interviewing for jobs at the same time.

Next summer is a little scary actually. I have no idea where I'll be living (probably Seattle or Cali) or what company I'll be working for (if things go bad, it'll be Microsoft). Another scary thing is that I hear jobs don't have summer or winter vacation, so no more lazying around and mooching at home for a month. Maybe I'll get time off before I have to start work though, we'll see.

5 comments:

Dee Dee said...

We can drive you but can't leave till 5:30ish! Riley has classes and I have work during the day. So if you don't mind the late departure, we're your man...

Dee Dee said...

yes, we are a man. how long is that drive? 4-5 hours?

P. Jacobs said...

that last post was me, not that Dee Dee guy.

Chi said...

Kelrod, it's seriously awesome what you are doing. Hopefully I can be a good Chirod and come visit you befoe you graduate. I think you are owed a visitor during your stay in C@til.

P. Jacobs said...

If you have to work at Microsoft, can I write scores for your bug fixes?