Thursday, January 22, 2009

1 Bajillion Gazillion Dollars

I don't know about you, but I've had trouble understanding what this latest $800+ billion government bailout is going to be used for exactly... This breaks it down really nicely, and also points out some things that will directly benefit average consumers such as ourselves. Good stuff to know!

How the stimulus affects you

And, whether you're for the bailout or not, it's always interesting to see what people are saying:

MSU professor: Latest bailout is overreaction


Now, all you Springfieldians, are you ready for the Feb. 3 election? It's an important one!

4 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

I think it's like Roosevelt's "New Deal" during the Great Depression.

Or like Lewis Black describes it "Build a Big F*cking Thing, then people will want to see the "Big F*cking Thing, this will create jobs and tourism ect...

Kelroy said...

Obama's off to a good start it seems like. Hopefully the economy gets patched up before I'm job-hunting.

BlueJackets9 said...

I just read a book on my e-book that proved that the "New Deal" actually helped prolong the Great Depression. And thanks to FDR's welfare and Social Security programs in less then 10 years for every one american who works, they'll be two who don't. Now where an additional 800 billion dollars in debt. I hope you guys don't like your pay checks.

Mrs. Corbett said...

Thanks for the links, Dee Dee. Me and BFD have read through them, and are having a big discussion over it right now--What this means to our parents and our children, our friends, plus the businesses institutions and organizations we care about.

It doesn't look like our discussing is going to get past the key question, "A wizard has turned you into a whale. Is this awesome (y/n)?"

I owe Kelly a shirt.