Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All Your Karts Are Belong to Us

Alli can let you know just how hectic it can get around here, and how frustrating my schedule can be. It all begins right after X-Mas and it doesn't end until the end of May. With the start of the year, work is like a tidal wave. Truthfully, there were weekends I didn't know where I was or what day it was because of a lack of sleep.


Now, with a lull in work hours for a couple weeks, I have been enjoying a little RnR. Swimming, movies, Mario Kart. Alli and I have a rivalry going to see who can get the fastest time in Mario Kart: Mushroom Gorge. As hard as I work at it though, she plays through it a few times and somehow manages to destroy my records. Wha wha wha... I have also been working pretty hard to keep up with B'wiley on some of the courses, and that isn't easy. For anyone who is interest(those with the game) you should try the tournaments that they have. I didn't do well on the first one, but who knows, someday you could be a world champion. I am exactly 4.5 seconds away from the top in this week's tournament. Wahoo!!! I think a tournament of our own would be good...how about we see who is fastest on the N64 Bower's Castle?


For those of you without Mario Kart, I suggest going around the yard in a cardboard box and the plastic wii wheel in your hand. I do it all the time!! It is fun, good exercise, and the people in white coats don't seem to mind too much. : /


We did manage to find the time to go see Indiana Jones, too!! It was a good start to what I hope will be a new trilogy. At some point Harrison Ford will be too old you say? Nah, they just freeze him in Carbonite between movies! (That is a Star Wars reference, look it up!)


Okay, back to 'pondering the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.' (Its 42, okay, look that one up too.)
Mykl Jacoburger

4 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

Is it sad I got all of your geek references? I especially love all your karts are belong to us.

In the percussion community, bass drummers have adopted that term recently and even started a bass drum society called "All Your Bass Are Belong to Us". Just an interesting tid bit from my little world.

pjacobs51 said...

I broke my cardboard box a few decades ago, now I use a lawnmower. I can usually beat my neighbors by ten minutes or better. The only thing is, those people in the white coats (and black helocopters) are still around. I can feel them . . . forever watching me. Sometimes I'll turn the stereo up really loud so they don't know I'm out there. >:)

Kelroy said...

What Bwiley meant to say was "Is it awesome I got all your geek references?", the answer to of which is a big fat "Yes, it's cool".

Bwiley's too good at the time trials. Can we handicap him or something?

mykl said...

Of course its cool...what kind of life can you truly lead if you cannot, with great joy, figure out every geek reference?

In response to giving Riley a handicap, why don't we just give him Pat's broken cardboard box and one of those plastic wiimotes from Wendy's and tell him it is real. That way, he is happy and we keep winning.