Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fleeing the Chaos...lets go to Canada

All right, hello all.
I thought I would start off my bloggin' adventure by trying to think of something funny to say. So, without further ado......IM A BIG OL' Bear!!! Ok, now that I got that out of the way, here goes the meat of this post.

As many know, and many do not, I am going to be beginning studies at MSU next semester. I was working for a time in online classes. It took some time, but eventually I began to feel as though it really wasn't working out. I wasn't getting out of the classes what I needed to in order to feel I was prepared for a job. Ergo, I have switched from Court reporting to Anthropology. This is a noticeable change, but it is for the best. Who knows where this path may lead?

All right, I'll sign off for now- just wanted to get that explanation out there.

Oh yeah...if the world collapses and crap, lets all move up to Canada and live in some trees.

Mykl B

5 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

Court reporting and Anthropology are like the same thing I thought. No? In any case, I have a few friends that are Anthropology majors and love it. One even graduated with me and got a job somewhere already. Not sure what, but something anthropology-ey. Maybe you can go to Mexico and study Aztec ruins while Alli learns more French or whatever.

Dee Dee said...

Cool! Tell us more about what anthropology is and why you're interested in it. It always sounded neat to me, but I don't know much about it!

Mrs. Corbett said...

Dee Dee,
Sorry to interupt, and Mykl correct me if I'm wrong. Anthropology is The study of man. It's an incredible course of study that looks at how we as a species became what we are.
That's the short version.
Mom

mykl said...

Yes, there are four main divisions in Anthropology: Archeaology, Biological, Linguistic, and Cultural. I am iterested most at this point at looking at Archaeology, but Alli thought Linguistics would be really cool-imagine that : )

Linguistic Anthropology is the study of the history of language and its effect on culture.

MykL B

Mrs. Corbett said...

Personally, I think you're both wrong:) It's the biological and cultural that are cool. As far as the biological, I would never make it because I couldn't do the science end, but I love the word "bipedal" (Walking on 2 legs). I think I'm going to bipedal to the kitchen right now.
Mom