One of my favorite internet ukulele players got to play with Jonathan Coulton here in Seattle, though I didn't make it.
Maybe now you kids will think ukuleles are "rad" and "wizar'd".
So far, my summer is just going to school, working on projects, reading Pratchett, and some game-playing (Okami turned out to be good). However, besides the guys at school and friends and family on the internet, I'm not sociallizing as much as I like. So, I may jump in on some bonus weekend classes, like tai chi (Not that wimpy health tai chi, the martial art tai chi). Though, if anyone else has any recommendations for making friends in a big city (goils?), feel free to shoot them my way.
7 comments:
Awesome song, glad to here Tom's not gay anymore and I'm looking forward to the "Retarted Grampa" movie. If you don't socialize, you'll go Tom Cruise Crazy too!
I've always heard that church is a good place to meet nice girls. Another suggestion is the park if you have a dog. Do you want one?
I have a question. If a person wanted to have a Web site in order to sell magic items, and their Web development experience was limited to Web Development I, (and they don't own Dreamweaver)what would this person do? Which Web site hosting company would they use? etc, etc. Just a hypothetical question, friend of a friend wants to know.
Kelly going to church? That's Tom Cruise crazy!!! Besides, I don't think he wants nice girls. (he he) Don't start with the Church of Scientology either, they ARE crazy. Get a robot dog and you'll find what your looking for, I guarantee it.
If only I knew someone that worked on a website everyday and was deeply involved in finding a website host for their newspaper company. hmmm. oh well!
Yeah, actually Dee Dee would know much more about this than me. I'm not too web-savvy.
I don't think I'd feel right going to church to pick up girls. And I don't feel like I'm home enough to take care of a dog. Maybe I'll just borrow someone else's dog every now and then.
Ooo me, me! Call on me!! I think Yahoo's small-business web hosting is THE perfect thing for you. We don't use it for SBJ's main Web site, but we have used it for some small side projects. I think you pay 10 bucks a month for hosting, domain, everything all in one. The interface to develop the site is incredibly easy to use but also really flexible, so you have the freedom to do whatever you want, really. They also allow you to conduct e-commerce with a secure site, etc., so you'd be able to safely and easily sell stuff, although the e-commerce part might be a small added cost. I can't remember. Check out this site for more:
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/
Kelly,
You can borrow Bre's dog any time you want, if you're for sure about not dating the church girls. Not even Buddhist?
Dee Dee,
Thanks! when I first started exploring, I thought Google would have something other than Check Out, then I saw Yahoo! had an option, but I only read the preliminaries. Good to know that people like it. You are awesome! By the way, who's Riley?
Post a Comment