Saturday, July 26, 2008

Eat egg?

So, I was thinking about food today (my favorite subject for daydreams), and wondered what we are going to eat on out camping trip. I googled "camping food ideas" and came up with some interesting choices.

Pocket Stew. This looks like a roast you wrap in foil and put on the fire. Looks pretty easy, doesn't require a lot of ingredients, and doesn't require any clean-up. Plus people could put whatever they want in there. Awesome!

Tacos in a Bag. Basically, you put browned hamburger meat in individual bags of smashed up Doritos, and then add whatever taco toppings you want (cheese, lettuce, etc...). Eat right out of the bag. I don't usually like individually wrapped chip bags (too much packaging material), but in this case you don't even need paper plates. I just want to see people eating out of Dorito bags.

Plus, there's always ideas like hot dogs, beanie weenie, sandwiches (peanut butter jelly, ham, etc...), and hamburgers. For breakfast, I vote that we should just give our favorite Aunt some money (or bring her eggs, velveeta, and bacon) and beg for dirty eggs. Oh, the yumminess!

3 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

What about Wii at the lake? I got TV if you got Wii. Might be a first! Can only be at night though, plasma + sunlight, not good.

Frito Pie, like tacos in a bag but with fritoes and chili and cheese.

P. Jacobs said...

Wii at the lake? That's crazy talk! I think I'd be fine with just playing with sticks and burning cans like we usually do at the lake. Oh, and talking to relitives *barf*

mykl said...

Well if bwiley wants to play with sticks and burning cans, he can. As for me, I have a new Wii game where you play with sticks and burning cans. It totally rocks!!! It is much more fun that what Bwiley plans to do!