I am officially done at the library now! I'm actually a bit sad about it, but I am excited about a few things:
1. I will never have to look up a Pokemon book or movie again.
2. I don't have to act really excited about kids turning in their Summer Reading Program forms.
3. I have nights and weekends off now! Hoorah! (First time in seven years!).
4. I have a couple of weeks "off" before I start my grown-up job.
5. I don't have to read as many children's books now. (but I probably still will because I like a lot of them)
I'm not excited about these things though:
1. Paying library fines again.
2. No longer working part time.
3, Having to wait in line to check out books (I used to just check them out myself!).
4. Not being able to talk to other people's children without them thinking I'm a weirdo.
5. No longer get to work with cool people. Are teachers cool? Maybe. I need to figure this out.
For my last day, they threw me a little fiesta (with no bake cookies - yum!). They also gave me a children's picture book in Spanish and had people sign it. That was pretty cool! It reminded me a little bit of a yearbook.
I almost had to call in because they put me on some antibiotics for an infection I have, and they are making me feel dizzy and nauseous. Especially right after I take it - So I take it before I go to sleep. Yesterday I felt steadily less awful as the day went on, and by the time I felt normal again, it was time to take the stupid medicine. Luckily, I have training in the "What to do if you are dizzy and nauseous" department (from being a passer-outer). You just have to lay down and elevate your feet. Or, if you can't make it to the floor, you can put your head between your knees. I hate taking medicine. In this case, I would almost rather have the infection.
Dad gave me some cool new music for my barfday. And one of my neighbors loaned me a bunch of cool CDs that she liked. So here is some cool music to try if you like Shins and Jack Johnson.
1. Maria Taylor - Dad and I heard her song playing at Bambino's on father's day and we both liked it, but the waitress didn't know who it was. Then, Dad heard it at a music store, and found out the name. Dad's a librarian-investigator!
2. KT Tunstall - I loved her other CD with Black Horse and a Cherry Tree, and her new one's pretty good too. She's got kind of a unique style.
3. Ingrid Michaelson - Very cool stuff! I love her music. Sometimes, however, I find my feminist self cringe at some of the lyrics. Just sometimes though - and then I question whether I should tone down my feminist thoughts. Hmmm... She reminds me of Regina Spektor (who is also pretty cool).
4. Someone still loves you Boris Yelton - different from all the others on this list. It's a local band, that's more up-beat and less jazzy-ish (that is a musical technical term, right Briley?). I like it! Don't really know how else to explain - you just have to hear it. Dad knows a lot of background stuff on them, so ask him you ninnies!
5. Sheryl Crow - new CD is very political, but "good-political." Fabulous, as always!
6. Howie Day - kinda-sorta-but-not-really similar to Jack Johnson. You might know one of his songs - Collide - which was pretty popular. It's good relaxing music, but has a little more of a punch to it than Jack Johnson.
I went to my classroom the other day to check things out. It took me awhile to get there because most parts of the school were closed for construction. I have no idea how they will have things ready before school starts. I ended up cleaning out the closet (which was stuffed so full that stuff started falling out when I opened it). For some reason, I really enjoy cleaning out closets, which is a good thing because that place was a wreck. When I finally found the floor, there was a bunch of ripped up tissue paper and mouse droppings. There was a lot of useless junk in there, which I took out and put on one end of the room. Hopefully, I can get rid of it all, but I just have to check first. I also cleaned out the desk and filing cabinets (no files in there, just a bunch of weird stuff). I found what I think was a smashed up part of a candy bar in one corner of the desk. That teacher must have left in a hurry. After closer inspection of the room, I don't think we'll be as cramped as I originally thought, which is good. We'll see!
5 comments:
Kickapoo High has mice? That's awesome!
Yay, no more library! Before you left, you should've looked up my account and made sure I don't have any late fees... and if I did, you could've removed them :) just kidding. Me, late? Never!
Howie Day is great! Maybe I can borrow your CD? I saw him perform at MSU once for May Day.
Good job on cleaning out your classroom. Maybe you can take us all there for a tour...
Can I take your French class or whatever?
Teenage Mutant French Speaking Mice- nuff said
I may have some music recommendations for you!
Post a Comment