THis will be my last post before I see you all on Monday. The boat is all done, the motor, lights, and radio all work, and the paint job came out very nice. Its pretty much the same colors as before, that beige color on the bottom, and brown on the top. The only difference is that the top is saddle brown, and it has metalics in it so it sparkles a bit in the sun light. The old paint was turning into a powder and would come off when you got it wet. When I first took the cover off I washed it and when I dried it off my ornge towel turned beige. I kept it the same color for two reasons. One, I really liked the way the colors looked, and two we had those seats in it that matched the paint job really well, and I didn't feel like spending $200 on four new seats. In the end my cheapness won out, its the little bit of Pe-Pa in me. Another difference is that Paul Herbert is not painted in it. Dad said he never quiet liked the way that looked so instead he wrote the name out using decals. It looks really cool, it all conects on one line that runs through the middle with paul on the top half of the line and herbert in on the bottom half of the line. Kind of gives it a 21 century look. Also I took off the Dodge Caravan windshield and put on one from a 1970's star craft. It looks more like the origanal so it gives it a more authintic look. The trailer got new wheel wells. Dad painted them the same color as the top of the boat(saddle brown). It gives it a nice affect. The only problem is that all the other accessories on the trailer are black. I asked him if he could paint them that saddle brown be he said he didn't have the time, but that he could do it after vacation. The trailer also got new tires. No real change on Mercury. The only thing new on him is the fuel pump gasket, and you can't even see that.
Tomarrow after work I have to drop my cats off at Corey's house, he'll be looking after them while where gone. I hate driving out there, they live about 45 minutes east of Columbus, its a boring drive. You know I saw the weather forcast for next week. Here its supose to be in the low 80's with low humidity and a cool breeze. In your part of the world it will be in the 90's with very high humidity. Remind me agian why I'm leaving this heaven called Ohio for that hell called Missouri.
What else. Ohh yea, right now there is a fight going on in the paper between Ohio State fans and Blue Jackets fans. You see Jackets fans are considered second class citizens here. Its all buckeye all the time, and Jackets fans have accepted that for many years. However, when free agincey started and the Jackets made all the moves that I told you about in my first blog, Ohio State fans could not find a single story about the buckeyes our hear about them on the radio. SO this one guy whose name I don't recall, but has some inportance here in Ohio wrote the Dispatch(the local paper in Columbus) that all the Blue Jackets stuff had to stop and that the paper shouldn't even write about the Jackets, it should be all buckeyes all the time, and that started this huge debate in the paper, with Jackets fans arguing that there was nothing to write about in the world of buckeye, and that we don't know to know what every player ate last night, our what there favorite color is. Then the Ohio State fans argured back that the Jackets are no talent, half assing misfits, and that just got me really mad. I was never a big buckeye fan to begin with, but now I despise them, I hope they finish last in the big ten. I mean no talent and half assing I'll give you, but misfits, No Blue Jacket has ever been arrested our gotten in any trouble with the law in there entire existence, and every year atleast 3 our 4 buckeyes are arrested. Thats kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. So from hear on out I say "GO BLUE".
See you all on Monday
P.S. That "GO BLUE" was not a reference to the Jackets, you'll have to ask Dee Dee about that.
3 comments:
Congrats on your second class citizenship, hoorah! Can't wait to see ole Paul Herbert in his new clothes. And what's the deal with Corey not comming to the lake? Scarred is he? The other two newbies are going to be there (Dee Dee and Mykl)
Yeah, I thought it was a requirement for the noobs to be at the lake this year...Although I think the noobs are a little frightened at this point
Go Blue!!
Yes, very frightened. I'm thankful that you bought a 1,000,000-piece first aid kit!!
Post a Comment