
It looks like you can still plug in the nunchuk. Of course, Nintendo is packaging a game with it, and who woulda thunk, it's a Wii Sports sequel called Wii Sport Resort. There's a fencing game where the MotionPlus thingy should shine.
Other announcements include online voicechat, a new Animal Crossing that is a lot like the old ones, and some new Wii Music stuff. Pretty much just casual gaming this year, none of the big franchises. Though, Miyamoto hinted that the Pikmin, Zelda, Mario Galaxy, and Mario DS teams are together. I for one am expecting a completely fresh take on Zelda in a couple years, though who knows what it'll be.
As far as the Playstation and XBox, not much that I cared about. The Playstation hasn't made any decisions to save themselves. Actually, Final Fantasy's are probably going to start selling on XBoxes too, because they won't make enough money on the PS3. The XBox interface is going to go through a redesign that a lot of people are concerned about, including avatars very similar to Miis. It was only a matter of time before people copied Nintendo.
In other news, I'm coming home next week! School is almost done, I just have to finish a couple projects including a physics-based cloth simulation and some additional ray-tracing stuff. Also, the Avatar series finale is this week. Tonight and tomorrow feature the two last episodes before the 2 hour long movie on Saturday. Watch it Bwiley!
8 comments:
Good blog. Yes, I was waiting eagerly for the E3 anouncements to come out and I wasn't disapointed at all. The motion thingy should be really cool and I hope to get WiiMusic soon. There are like 50 instruments or something crazy like that (including conducting and marimba!). That's like a million times more instruments than Rock Band.
I seriously hope they change Zelda up. It's been the same game for like ten years!
Wii don't need no education.
Wii don't need no arm controle...
Does the Wiimusic have a ukalali?
WTF is physics-based cloth simulation?????
It's a way to simulate how cloth moves. In case someone in your video game acually wears clothes.
I was a little disappointed by the announcements. No Zelda? Aww man... They have to be making one right? LoZTP was supposed to just be for the Game cube right?
Continuum wears no clothes! It's a real game!
WTF is physics-based cloth simulation?????
It's basically making a piece of cloth, and physics happens to it to make it act like cloth.
I'll except that explanation. THX
Me likey mario cart. Me will prob never play our do anythingy you just saidy.
PS Who gives a #$%^ what cloth looks like.
Post a Comment