As everyone should know, The Dark Knight, has at last graced the silver screen with its presence. Since the final moments of ,Batman Begins, when Commissioner Gordon hands Batman the Joker's Calling card, my mind has been turning about the possibilities for the next movie.
I must say, I certainly have not been not disappointed. Unlike with Spider-man 3, this movie does deliver. I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole second half of this movie praying," please, please, don't be over yet!"
Perhaps the thing that really makes this movie is Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker. There were of course a lot of calls for a posthumous Oscar for the Aussie, but many wrote that off as simply trying to feed interest in the film. After watching that performance though...I have to say I wouldn't be surprised to see him get it. He really was amazing- the Joker really makes sense now. Before he was simply a man with clown makeup on his face-- how does that really make him a menace? Wouldn't someone just kick his ass at some point? Now though, he truly is an agent of chaos, a perfect wild card. Batman has to do some crazy $&!^ to fight him.
I won't give any clues as to the plot of this movie. I will note though that everything that happens to the people in this movie is a real outcome of what happened in the first movie. Like Commissioner Gordon says in the first film, " What about escalation? We buy body armor, they buy armor piercing rounds. And, you are wearing a mask," He then hands The Batman the Joker's Card. There wouldn't be a Joker without a Batman!
If you haven't seen this movie ( Alli?) You really really need to.
As a life long Batman fan, I am truly glad to see that the series has at last become what it was meant to be. A Dark, twisted morality play with enough depth to be believable.
Here is a video review if you are interested- Enjoy!!
3 comments:
I look forward to this movie, though I must argue that the Joker has been just a guy with clown make-up. Take Jack for example, or Mark Hamill in the cartoon. Though, it seems like Heath took it to a new level, which is good.
Okay, so I just saw the movie and I all I have to say is that all of the hype made me not want to see the movie. I'm weird like that. If a lot of people really really really really think I should see a movie, or read a book, etc... I don't want to see it. I heard a lot of the quotes before I saw the movie, and heard everyone else's opinion before I saw the movie. Then, when I saw it, I was just grumpy. I kept waiting for the movie to end. Not that it wasn't a good movie, because it was. I just thought it was less good because of all the hype. Make sense? No? In a perfect world, I would rather go into a movie not knowing anything. Then I can make my own opinion of it.
Who's Batman?
Post a Comment