Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Winters Frost



Hey every body, how are you d oing. This is kind of strange, me being online two times in one week. I don't have internet at my apartment in Canal Winchester, so I have to go over to Grandma and Grandpa's if I wanna use the internet. I've been visiting them alot the last couple of weeks because I've been getting the boat ready. You don't have to worry Alley I'm not going to name the boat Blue Jacket, our Rick Nash, our paint it the Blue Jackets colors, even though I would like to. Not because of the hockey team, but I really want to name the boat the Gen. Meade, you know, the victor of Gettysburg. I could paint the bottom a lite blue like the paints the union soldiers had, and the top the dark union blue like the blue jackets that they wore(the smarter of you will have just figured out what the Blue Jackets where named after). It would be more true to the color scheam it was when Mr. Brazil first bought it back in 59. I guess if I where to do that I would have to paint over the name Mercury and put Lincoln there, since he was the driving force behind the union cause. But if I where to do that everybody would be mad at me, even though I do own the boat and have invested over $3000 into it. Seems kind of strange that those who haven't put a dime into the boat or an ounce of sweat get the naming rights. Ohh well, You'll like what we've done with it, here is a picture of the boat after we painted it








Here is the boat after we painted it. I think that the floresent Purple goes real well with the day glow ornge. Dad also painted in a picture of a dragon eating a peasent girl on the side,and her blood spells out Paul Herbert, it looks really good as you can see. Also as you can see I've painted the motor a bright Yellow like the Sun, and wrote Mercury in a bright lime green.




I like the pics of your cat Tailgate, I'll include a few pic of my cats Pork Chop and T-bone.




Abbey is holding Pork Chop, I don't really like him, he just wants to be left alone and hisses at me when I go near him, and yells at me when I pick hime up. T-bone is at here feet.


Here is a better pic of T-bone, he is my buddy. He is aways waiting for me at the door, follows me around, sits next to me when I watch TV, and when I go to sleep he is usually sleeping next to me when I wake up. The little girl is Abbey, Janice and Corey's Daughter. I don't have a pic of Denis, I'll try and get one this weekend.
Well, apart from cats, boats, and Blue Jackets, I am also getting ready to take the test to become a Licenced Battlefield Tour Guide at Gettysburg. The test is December 6, and they only offer it once every two years. They said that they expect 125 people will take the test, and the are only going to take the top 20, so I had better study. I've been reading up on gettysburg for the last month now. I re-read "A Caspion Sea of Ink: The Meade - Sickles Controversy" and am currently reading Harry Phanz's "Gettysburg the First Day". After that I'll Read "Gettysburg the Second day", also by Phanz and so on and so on and so on. I got less then 5 months to study.
Well, So you all in less then two weeks
Joe

6 comments:

Kelroy said...

Oh weird, I was going to take that test too, but I told them I once saw a movie about President Lincoln and they said I got the job. Lincoln was in Bill and Ted right?

Dee Dee said...

I'm excited to finally meet the infamous Paul Herbert. I've heard so many stories about him. Like how he'd eat a homeless person if you asked him to. And how he once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road. Or how he drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls. To Bill Brasky – I mean, to Paul Herbert!

mykl said...

I thought the elusive Uncle Frank did all those things, Dee Dee? Am I way off base here?

BlueJackets9 said...

I have never actually seen Bill and Ted. And I'm very proud of that.

I've also never heard any of those stories about Paul Herbert. In truth, there is no Paul Herbert. We just swim out to the middle of the lake and pretend to ride in a boat. All that talk about painting a boat, I was actually painting orphins.

P. Jacobs said...

Hey Joe! Can we ride the orphins? Will they pull us on the "V"?

BlueJackets9 said...

It turns out that the paint got in the orphins lungs, and they all died. Ohh well, not like there parents are going to sue.