Monday, October 13, 2008

SoM on VC! ZOMG!



It would seem that me and Bwiley's world saving over the summer were in vain, for Secret of Mana has just been released on Virtual Console on the Wii and now we have to do it again. Also, people can play it on their giant TVs without a lot of inconvenient technology now.

More importantly, this is the first major Square game to hit VC. No doubt, they will view the sales of this classic to determine if they release any others from their arsenal (though, I sincerely doubt we'll see Chrono Trigger or FF6 as those are still making money on handheld systems). So, if you have any extra Wii points, feel free to buy it, or just send it to others (me?). Nintendo may even look at sales to determine the release of Earthbound. GOPHER IT.

8 comments:

P. Jacobs said...

YES! And also...DANGIT! Well, this shows us a bright future for VC. I haven't played my Wii in 2 months, but with Mega Man 2 and this I might have to do some downloading. If they have games like "Super Air Zonk" and "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine", surely they will have Earthbound and Chrono!

Alli said...

You haven't played Wii in 2 months? What is this all about? You are surely no brother of mine! You are officially disowned.

I haven't really played lately, but Mykl and I got to level 35 all in one sitting on Defend Your Castle. It felt like the end of final's week after we finally stopped.

mykl said...

I never really got into those games. I usually stuck to Mario, Zelda, and Ninja Turtles for my NES experience.

In my heart I am wishing that Nintendo would do something like that megaman 9 and give us a true sequal to Mario 3- that would be the greatest day of my life. Hands down, the greatest day in the history or mankind. Yup...

Oh well...only a pipe dream, they are leaving Wii Ware to the 3rd party developers or some crap like that : P

pjacobs51 said...

What a waste of your last summer off. HA HA! Should've gone to the lake or something.

But it's now looking as if the world really needs saving. So, Gopher it!

Dee Dee said...

Sorry, I'm still saving my Wii points for the Roger Rabbit NES game. You're on top of that, right Kelly? Make sure that's released on virtual console this year. Thanks, appreciate it.

Kelroy said...

Waste of a summer? Are you joking? That's the exact way to not waste a summer.

P. Jacobs said...

It's true, I'm reading the Government Book of Irrefutable Facts and it says right here: Playing Secret of Mana is the best way to not waste a summer off.

pjacobs51 said...

Government . . . Facts?