
It's called the Kendle Book. It can hold up to 200 books and has a special white and black screen to make it look like paper and eliminate glare. It takes less then a minute to download a book and put it on the Kendle. Books cost from$5 to $9.99. Most of the books I bye cost between $30 to $60. It also takes up less space. You should see my book shelf. Unfortunatly there are only a few civil war books available for the kendle, but Amazon.com now has a window where you can send a request to the publisher to have there books available in Kendle. I've already requested about 30 books. This kind of looks like those pads they have on Star Trek.
7 comments:
That thing looks expensive. I recomend selling all your paper books, your bookshelf, and your season tickets to that hockey thing your addicted to, then maybe you can buy one for yourself.
Pretty dang neat! What company is it from?
While it seems pretty cool, i don't think i would like replacing the feel and smell of a book with a computer.
I love computers and all, but I hate reading so much on a screen...it is really hard on the eyes even if they do tone it down some.
Its only available from Amazon.com. It says all the tech stuff on the Amazon.com web page. You don't even need a computer to use it. It works like a cellphone. You can download books from anywhere you can get a cellphone signal. You also don't need a cellphone contract to use it. Amazon.com covers it.
I like books too, the smell, the sound it makes when you close it after your done, the look of a full book shelf. My problem is I have so many books. I have over 100 books on the civil war, and have been through 3 book shelfs in two years. If I buy two many more I'd have to move to a bigger place just to store them.
A couple of years ago, Sony came out with a reader that was easy on the eye, too. I looked into it because of a paper I was writing on ebooks, but haven't kept up with the new stuff.
I assume there is enough back lighting with this one that you can read at night? Can you put library checked out ebooks on it?
My friend has one of these, and they pretty dang expensize ($400?). The text is very easy to read and you can change the font size. You can also download book right there since it connects to wifi.
Also, it has a thing that emits the smell of a book. You can change the smell setting depending on how old the book is. Ok, not really, but wouldn't that be weird?
You had me going for a minute there:)
Post a Comment