First I would like to apologize. That show last Friday was not all that good. I can only hope the seven hour one this Friday is better. Don't get me wrong, the show had its good parts. I like the part with that man who set his camera up on a tripod and took three pics just a few seconds apart. He had some good pictures down at Devil's Den. The one with two Confederates was really cool, and they where only in one of the three pictures. I may try that the next time I go to Gettysburg. Dad said I can barrow his tripod.
I didn't like the psychic they had in the show. I didn't believe her at all. The part that really made me mad was when they where in the barn that was a hospital during the battle. She said that she saw a man with a double button uniform on, which means he was a general officer. Then she said that he was telling her that he was in Ewing's brigade, which there was no such brigade, then the mans wife made the ultimate mistake, she said "You must mean Ewell's Corps". You never say anything to the psychic, never give any information, you let them tell you the story. So of course she says "Yes Yes Ewell's corps. His name is Issac Tremble, and he died her." WRONG. Tremble didn't die at Gettysburg, he was wounded during Pickets charge, but he lived through it. Now I'm willing to admit that in Lee's 75,000 man army there may have been more then one Issac Tremble, but not General Officers like she said she saw. In fact at the time of his wounding he wasn't even in Ewell's Corps, he was in Hill's Corps. I think this lady read a little bit about the battle and tried to make stuff up. Its a pity for here she didn't finish the book.
I also didn't like the conclusion they made about the shadowing figure in the background in that other woman's picture. I think the picture its self is authentic, but they tried to say that it looked like Robert E. Lee. No it didn't. The figure in the picture was a portly man with a long beard. Lee was not portly, and he didn't have a long beard. Second, why would Lee still be at Gettysburg, he didn't die there, nor did he dwell on it all that much after the war. It wasn't until long after the war and Lee's death five years later that people started thinking that Gettysburg was the turning point. When Lee died his last words where ordering A.P. Hill into the battle of Antietam. Surly Lee placed more importance on Antietam then Gettysburg.
The last thing I didn't like was when they where in the Hotel in downtown Gettysburg. The same "psychic" said that there was somebody in the bank vault with them and the his hame was Colberston, our something like that, its been a few days since I saw the show. Then they used there EVP our EMP device, some recorder that can record sounds that people can not hear. Its actually a pretty cool little device. I would like to have one, I'm sure its not cheep though. They asked the spirit a bunch of random questions, one was who is the President? When they got back and listened to the recording there is a clear response to that question and it said "Johnson is the President." Pretty cool. But then they researched casualties of the battle and found a Colberston who had been killed and he fought for the Pennsylvania Reserves. Wow, first, the Penn Reserves fought south of town near little round top, non of there wounded would have found there way into town, second, why would someone who died in 1863 say Johnson is the President when Lincoln was the President. Its makes me mad that this Ghost is talking to them, but there not listening to what its saying.
Ohh well, sorry to recommend that show to you. Hope that Fridays is better.
4 comments:
Not to worry! I didn't watch the show. I ended up watching Kickapoo's football team getting attacked by wild monkeys with rabies(Glendale).
**For the OHIOians out there, Kickapoo is the school I work at and graduated from, and Glendale is where Briley graduated from.
Glendale was also one of the seven days battles. Thats the one where Stonewall Jackson fell asleep and didn't attack and the Union army got away.
Maybe he was thinking 1963 when Johnson was president, you know, all those simularities between Lincoln and Kennedy.
That was my point, they didn't bother to find out more, they just started looking up names of poeple killed in the battle.
Post a Comment