Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The First is the last

Well, Antietam week is officially over. A week spent in quiet reflection, and study. I can't say that I really studied anything about Antietam, our the Civil war, but the deed is now done. I was going to post a pic of me having fallon asleep on the couch reading a Playboy and the cat licking my face, but no jokes during Antietam Week.

Great news people, Corey and myself got our season tickets the other day. I ritualistically stained them in lambs blood like I do every year. Come to think of it I didn't kill a lamb. Who's blood was that? Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Charlie in awhile. I'm heading out to the Ice Hause tomorrow to watch the Jacket's Training Camp. On the 30th there having a season ticket holder party at the zoo. You get to meet the players, there's free food, free rides for the kids (Abbey and Denis are coming too), its a good time for all. Hockey season is finally back.



Well, might as well finish my list. These last four are my absolute favorite. The other six could have been moved up and down the list and I wouldn't have cared all that much, but these last four are in stone as far as I'm concerned. And now, number four, Self Defense.

15 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

Haven't you heard? In order for our fabulous federal government to bail out all those big financial institutions they had to cancel all hockey and it's related activities. In other words "NO HOCKEY". They could have cancelled the war in Iraq and saved $10,000 a minute, but no, they picked hockey, horseshoes, and badmitten to make up for their losses. As always, if it makes since, don't expect our government to do it.

BlueJackets9 said...

Nice try, but the NHL is run out of Toranto, in canada. The NHL is safe.

pjacobs51 said...

Canada has everything, free healthcare, a liberal government, great weed, and hockey, what else do you need?

P. Jacobs said...

Canada was just bought by the U.S. Government for 700 trillion dollars and renamed Bushland.

Kelroy said...

Wait wait... I thought hockey WAS played with horseshoes? Which one is hockey again?

BlueJackets9 said...

It is played with horseshoes. Who ever said it wasn't?

BlueJackets9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BlueJackets9 said...

Actually the President can buy land from other governments without congressional approval. Your actually living in a state that was. Jefferson bought all that land from France in the Louisiana Purchase

Alli said...

Forget Canada. I heart Switzerland. I talked to a guy from Switzerland while I was staying in a hostel in Italy and he said that they pay super-high taxes, but they get free health-care (the highest quality in Europe), free education - including college! It's kind of socialist, but it works for them. Very good quality of life. I don't know if it would work here, but I want it!

pjacobs51 said...

Our government buys financial institutions, isn't that socialism? But playing hockey with horseshoes is just plain-out communistic.

mykl said...

i don't think you can call it free if the government is taking all your money to pay for it....right? Thats not free is it? huh...

So, what about when you are out of school? Don't need to pay that education tax anymore huh? oh right....yes you do.

BlueJackets9 said...

Alley, if you want to feel like you live in a socialist system, then send me 60 percent of your check every week so I can have free healthcare. And by free health care I mean season tickets in the lower bowl. I'll give you my adress.

Dee Dee said...

Health care and education don't need to be free, they just need to be affordable. Let capitalism be capitalism and maybe that'll happen.

Kelroy said...

Everything should be like Star Trek and you guys know it. I WIN.

P. Jacobs said...

Right now, everything is like Star Wars. An evil dark lord is taking the senate over with a new and younger padawon, John McVader. He's also using a clone army to fight religious robot extremists, but nobody knows he controls both sides and made a bunch of horcruxes so he won't die.