Thursday, September 18, 2008

ANTIETAM II

I was just going to add these photo's to my last post, but its so far down there now I don't think anybody would see them. I was going to do this yesterday, the day of the battle, but I left my laptop at home, so I had to rush the last post before the end of the day.

There where taken last year when Jeannine and I went to Virgina for a week. Yes I know that Sharpsburg is in Maryland.
The Corn Field. The Church is in the back ground




The Sunken Road.



The Burnside Bridge.

7 comments:

pjacobs51 said...

This doesn't look like Australia.

BlueJackets9 said...

How would you know what Australia looks like?

P. Jacobs said...

The battle of Antietam was in Australia? dang

mykl said...

Yeah, I heard it was the civil war between like three countries- Australia, New Zealand, and Bismark. That sunken road is how they got to Australia after the last ice age. Then, during the civil war there was a nuclear holocaust and it sank or something....

BlueJackets9 said...

It was actually very cold that day we went to Sharpsburg. In Virgina it was like 70 degrees, and when we drove up to Antietam from Richmond the temp droped to about 40 and ther was snow still on the ground in places on the field.
They had a show on the History Channel today about Antietam calle "Battlefield Detectives" It was fairly interesting, and I was shocked that they where showing something about history and not ice road truckers our dooms day stories. They where trying to find out why the casulties where so high there. I missed the end casue I had to go to my other job. Did anybody see it? Probably not.

pjacobs51 said...

I saw it, the ice road truckers held there ground to the bitter end. Then the ice melted, Australia sent in their sharks from the Great Barrier Reef and ate the truckers alive and won the civil war. Also seen on TWC, "When weather changed history.

BlueJackets9 said...

Thats what I thought would happen